Saturday, January 24, 2009

 

system

I am so pleased to have a job I love in a city I love. I've recently transitioned permanently to my office downtown and love the commute - via transit. I'm feeling kinda transit savvy after a good long while of being a transit newbie.

I get on at my stop along with Business Buddy Soon-to-be-grandpa, Quiet Up-n-Comer always in the logical coat for the day, Overly-gelled Attitude-grl and Clear-ur-Throat. Driver says hello to me now, passengers meet my view in their regular spots and every stop after mine picks up the same folks every morning. I'm part of the crowd now- morning pick-up at 7:19, at the stop, on the line, heading downtown.

Exit off of the Rectangle and find Running-girl coming up toward me, then Senior-fellow reading the paper in the lobby to the left. At the first corner, Married Couple stop, kiss and Glasses IT-husband carries onward up Wasserman's Beat while Well-coiffed Fit-Wife turns her sneakered heels quickly past me. Two more lights. Without fail, every single morning, one person to the intersection starts walking out on turning green light. Honk, holler and curse - Oops.

Steam comes out of the city-covered hole one light before me, my office, downtown. Shop-man pushes out his newspaper stand and I line up for the elevator. Ding and up I go.

Comments:
Like I have always said... you should be a writer. I love how you express your thoughts. I feel like I am there with you...
Love you...
 
Cute post! I felt I was like you this morning

-J
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?