Monday, April 14, 2008

 

run for cover


Lately, my scant moments of clarity have by far been outweighed by frustration and ear-covering. Birdie's screams - both ticked and 'happy' - are simply mind-numbing. I've been less than thrilled about my stunted conversations with A through this mad noise. A and I have improved on our body language though... it's deafening dialogue actually.


Suspecting more teeth and clearly, sleep-deprived, Birdie has been less than ideal to hang with. During the rants, hers not mine, I think and think. Yes, I think of my old life, when I had the luxury of choosing to run or not. I can't believe I chose not to run when I could have. What a shame. Tears well up at that thought now. I can't believe I watched that crappy movie, again (with commercials), when I could have been speedily reading through my course materials - which are actually really interesting. If I had done that, I would have my diploma by now. What a silly girl I was. I think about my relationships and how I didn't call as often as I should have and as a result, lost some opportunities to dig deeper and cherish my friends a little more. Because, I find that I have so little to give now.


Oh dear, if yoga isn't working, what will?

Comments:
Oh, Esther. This sounds so familiar. Hang in there...
 
Having so much "taken" and not enough left to "give" sounds familiar. We'll come out the other side of this and communicate like human adults again. We might even laugh about it.

This stage is tough because you hit another plateau of not getting good feedback. The first smiles and giggles were amazing but we've put in a lot of pacing since then. We are really looking forward to those first totally intentional actions, where you can tell they have the gears turning and something cool comes out. You know, the part where they start to resemble real little people.
 
you guys rule
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?