Tuesday, March 25, 2008

 

yogi

Ahhh, the tree pose. This is my favourite yoga pose. Admittedly, I'm really not that good at it. Maybe that's the beauty of ending up in my own version of it. I don't know how I look on the outside when I'm in it, but I sure like how it feels on the inside.

Yes! I'm back at yoga. This is a brilliant and happy reacquaintence. A encouraged me to return, to which I immediately went online in search of the next Hatha class at my local studio. For many reasons, my running life is not blossoming into much and so a weekly yoga class has become my meager, albeit wonderful and necessary, vehicle back to fitness.

I love the quiet of the practice and the awareness of my body throughout it. After my first class back since Birdie, I realized that I do like my body I just forgot why. Sure, I don't like the actual shape it is since giving birth, but that's the journey back to the new me... which I voluntarily signed up for.

All of this said, I will run again. Truly, my running heart and spirit have not escaped me in bright new Adidas sneaks... we will meet again. Until then, namaste.

Comments:
The tree pose seems appropriate for the post. Grounded but able to flex in the wind, adapt to changes...
 
Tan,

That's a wonderful thought. Thanks for sharing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?