Friday, February 08, 2008

 

half way


Phew... we made it to six months! Birdie continues to be a bundle of sweetness, surprise, character and of course, joy!
A and I have been chatting about it, thinking has this six months gone by faster or slower than usual? I think we agree that it's just been six months, not fast or slow.
There are moments in the day that go in slow motion. Like sleepytime, those moments take long, slow minutes. That's okay though, sleepytime can be lovely... and occasionally disasterous. Being a very good sleeper, who knew it was so hard to put oneself to sleep? Ah, I still think of myself as a good sleeper although I wonder now, can I be that yet again? I chat with my sister, mom of 2 beauties, and learn over and over again that sleeping is not an element of that ever truly reflects the life one had prior to children. *not one but two big sighs*
The moments that go fast are the development moments. For example, when placed on her stomach, Birdie now scrunches her little legs beneath her and tries to move up and forward. Wow, that happened fast. Did she just get the hang of trying to sit on her own? No, didn't she just start eating veggie mush? No, didn't she just start noticing shadows? Those cumulative development spurts really zoom by.
Anyway, we've made it half way to a year now and although we often long for sleep we are so, so mushy and in love with our little Bird. Happy half way, IF.

Comments:
I am so excited to see you all tomorrow! I love the pic of you and IF and love the pics that you sent. She looks so super happy! I can't wait to give her a big kiss and mush tomorrow! I want to see her try and sit and try and move forward!! Hooray! Happy six months my beautiful niece!
 
Big bash in August?

For the record, we slept really well for at least a year in between Ella & Ezra so there is hope...it's just a long way off if Ezra is anything like the girls.
 
I love that you posted a pic of the two of you (and sent more via email). You both look so happy! I feel very connected to you and IF's developments. Very exciting. Lots of hugs - Auntie J in Winnipeg :)
 
I should clarify the sitting is not entirely independent yet, although it will be happening very soon. She's funny in that she falls from sitting into any position, including face forward into the floor. Oh dear, must I have a pillow there too?

About the sleep, yeah, I just roll with it now, accepting that whenever it comes together, it does.

J, thanks for commenting! I know I don't often post pics but you'll always get the email updates :). I hope that the blog keeps all of us, distanced logistically, close.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?