Thursday, August 23, 2007

 
So Baby is here. Now the question is, what to blog? Or, what not to blog? My brain is a blur of thoughts, questions, curiousities, fascinations, and mush.

Nevertheless, I am content. Baby is so darling - okay, she's got a good set of pipes on her, but that just endears me to her more. I like the idea of her cry indicating strong feelings or emotions (instead of drama, of course).

My mind is swirling about, sometimes just lazily coping with wee sleep shifts, but most of the time, in awe of the way in which our world has been completely transformed. I got really emotional on Day 3 (was it that long ago?) about how I will cope with loving her more than I do already. I can hardly bear the thought of loving both A and Baby so much that my heart just does crazy kicks and fits to comprehend it all. Can I be capable of that much love?

Baby is seemingly getting used to us - as we are to her. I sometimes look at her and think that she knows more than she lets on and is just really gracious, letting us fumble our way to help her out. Yeah, I love her but I like her a lot too.

Comments:
That expanding love thing is amazing, somehow there is always more. It's fantastic but sometimes has the edge of leaving me feeling terribly vulnerable, as all true love does I suppose. I blame that on hormones of course.
 
Your love for her shows, and watching you with Imogene is amazing. You are capable of that much love and so much more, crazy isn't it? It's been great being able to spend time together with you and my beautiful niece. I am already anxious to mush her again.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?