Saturday, November 18, 2006

 
On Thursday night, I went to the k-os show. We purchased tickets days after hearing the delightful and innovative new CD Atlantis: Hymns for Disco. The show was at the Commodore Ballroom which nearly guarantees a good seat and a comfortable, intimate environment.

K-0s, a fellow Canucker, proved to be a humble performer often keeping his back to the audience and instead engaging his bandmates on in the tune. Along with his band, which is not what I had imagined included a bass (stand-up and guitar), electric guitar, a massive drum kit, bongo/percussion station, and a turntable; he lead a powerful performance. Of course, I was drawn to him but not because he demanded the attention.

I fell in love with K-os, again. The momentum that he creates oozes out to those that choose to participate. From jazz to blues to hip hop to rap to ska to soul to pop, I applaud b-boy K-os.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?