Saturday, October 21, 2006

 
I often think of the fact that Terry Fox ran a marathon a day. I measure myself up against him, beating myself up for not having attained the marathon medal in my life. Then, I realize that I have two legs. Wow.

Terry Fox + Marathon + one leg = locomotion.

The latest marathon man in my life is Dean Karnazes. Karno is well on his way to completing his insane goal of running 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. He is driven.

Its difficult to comprehend how to be convicted to believe in myself to the point of accomplishing monsterous tasks such as these. Is there a way into that kind of mindset without being enigmatic? Wait, here's a different way to tackle that question... maybe Dean and Terry are the normal ones and the rest of are apathetic. Yep, thats by far more likely. I am capable of doing those things, I just don't do them. I acknowledge that my drive is nowhere near theirs.

Now comes the hard part... I know that... what am I going to do about it now?

To follow Karno day to day, read his blog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?